The Ione School District is located in Morrow County, Oregon in the town of Ione. We serve a small farming community with approximately 210 students grades K-12. We are a charter school in our own school district.
Here are just a few highlights of our community school:
- We have 1-1 iPads for students grades 6 - 12 and iPad labs for students grades K - 5
- Students and families in Ione Schools do not pay any participation fees
- We have an outdoor heated pool and provide elementary students lessons in the fall and spring
- We have recently started an FFA program
- We are completely involved with Eastern Promise and offer over 50 college credits each year
- We have a music program for students K - 12 that includes choral and instrumental performances
- We provide all major sports at the OSAA 1A level
- We have a mix of veteran and new teachers who are committed to excellence in themselves and every student in their classroom
- The Ione Education Foundation is highly successful at raising money to help the students of Ione School District. Teachers work through a grant process to obtain money for special educational activities.
- The Ione Booster Club meets monthly and supports our student athletes and club members
- Our facility was featured in the Oregonian as one of the most well-maintained and clean in the state
- Our elementary building was built in 2003, with an addition completed in 2012
- We have a number of clubs and activities beyond sports for students and are continually adding opportunities
- In 2013, we were visited by Secretary of State Kate Brown